Are you looking for healthy lunch recipes that actually taste great? Often times healthy food may not be appealing because it tastes plain or worse yet, awful! We invite you to try the delicious “good for you” recipes below and see how wonderful you will feel while practicing a healthy diet. Your taste buds will thank you!
Delightful Healthy Lunch Recipes
Summer Salad with Cucumber Dressing
5 ounces arugula
1 cucumber, sliced
about 12 cherry tomatoes
1 medium onion
edible flowers for garnishing
1 cucumber peeled and chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon agave (or liquid sweetener of choice)
1 teaspoon tarragon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
Assemble the salad and puree all of the dressing ingredients in a blender. Drizzle over your salad and enjoy a taste bud’s dream of all healthy lunch recipes.
Raw Zucchini Pasta and Creamy Carrot Dill Sauce
Ingredients for Sauce
2 cups carrots
2 Tbsp raw walnut butter
1/4 cup filtered water
juice 1 lemon
3 Tbsp fresh dill
Ingredients for Pasta:
4 medium zucchini, spiralized
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 bunch scallions, sliced
3 Tbsp raw shelled hemp seeds plus more for garnish
1) In a high-speed blender, combine all the sauce ingredients and blend until smooth (you may need to add a little more filtered water if too thick).
2) Pour over the zucchini, tomatoes, and scallions in a large bowl and toss to combine along with hempseeds.
Serve sprinkled with a little more hempseeds!
Veggie Rolls and Pistachio Dipping Sauce
Pistachio Dipping Sauce
This sauce can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for a week. It makes a tasty stand-alone dip for a raw veggie snack.
½ cup pistachio nuts
¼ – ½ cup water
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon miso
The ingredients below are just a sample of what to put in a veggie sushi roll. Have fun and be creative. There is no limit to what you can add!
2-3 sheets raw nori
2 cups cauliflower
½ an avocado
1 small carrot
½ red bell pepper
Pistachio Dipping Sauce
1) Combine thoroughly in a high-powered blender
1) Pulse cauliflower in food processor until it resembles rice. You can add a dash of tahini, sesame oil or rice vinegar to give it structure. Set aside.
2) Slice vegetables (except mushrooms) into thin strips. Set aside.
3) Lay nori sheet shiny side down and spread cauliflower rice evenly, leaving an inch on one end. Place a thin layer of vegetables over cauliflower, leaving an inch on the end. Try not to build them on top of each other, but lay them across side by side. Sprinkle Enoki mushrooms across the top of vegetables.
4) Have a small cup of water handy. Using both hands, start rolling. Try to keep it as tight as possible. As you get to the end, dab some water along the one inch edge. Finish rolling, sealing as you go.
5) Cut into 4-6 pieces, or as desired.
Who would have thought any healthy lunch recipes would include an awesome sushi roll such as this?
Arugula Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette and Marinated Veggies
1 bunch of arugula
1 cup thinly sliced white mushrooms
1 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
1/2 cup sliced strawberry
handful fresh basil leaves
1/2 t tahini
juice of 1/2 lemon
pinch of sea salt
1/2 t paprika powder
3-5 basil leaves
juice of 1/2 lemon
1 T extra virgin cold pressed olive oil
pinch of sea salt
1/4 cup water
For the marinated veggies
1) mix tahini with lemon juice, sea salt and paprika powder.
2) Toss sliced mushrooms and paprika with mix.
3) Leave in a warm spot for 1-2 hours at least.
For the vinaigrette
1) blend basil and strawberries with lemon juice, olive oil, sea salt and water.
2) Mix arugula with marinated veggies, fresh strawberries, fresh basil leaves and drizzle with strawberry vinaigrette. Enjoy!
Raw Daikon Rolls with Avocado, Shiso Leaf and Yuzu Lime
12 sheets of daikon
12 shiso leaves
1 avocado, julienned
1 seedless cucumber, julienned
handful of snow pea shoots or radish sprouts
2 fresh yuzu limes cut in half
To make the sheets:
1) peel the daikon and trim off any edges, making it into a rectangular shape. You also want to be able to fit the width of the mandoline. Make a few practice sheets until you get the right thinness. You want it thin enough so it looks almost translucent.
2) Place daikon sheet vertically in front of you. Lay shiso leaf on top of the daikon. Add few pieces of avocado, cucumber and snow pea shoots.
3) Squeeze some fresh yuzu lime juice on top.
4) Roll the daikon away from you, nice and tightly. The moisture of the daikon will allow it to seal the edges. Repeat until you have a dozen lovely rolls.
(most ingredients are available at Japanese markets)
Believe it or not, but you can find some really healthy lunch recipes that your taste buds will fall in love with by eating Asian foods.
Almond Pate on Juicy Cucumbers
2 handful of fresh basil
1 cup almonds (RFR tip: try soaking them first)
1 cup parsley
1 clove garlic
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
juice from 1 lemon
1 tbsp olive oil
1) Start by making the almond pate.
I recommend to start by adding less of the apple cider vinegar since the taste is pretty strong and depending how distinguished you want it to be.
Mix well and put in a bowl.
2) Slice your cucumber (or zucchini works perfectly as well).
3) Add a spoonful of the almond pate on each slice of cucumber.
4) Top with half a juicy cherry tomato. Voilá!
Raw Veggie Burger Delight
1 cup sweet potato, peeled and chopped
1 cup carrot, peeled and chopped, or pulp from carrot juice
1 cup parsnip, peeled and chopped
1/3 cup red onion, chopped
1/2 cup fresh dill
1/2 cup fresh parsley
2 garlic cloves
3 Tbsp shoyu or tamari
mix of green leafy vegetable
To make the burgers:
1) Place sweet potato, carrots and parsnips in your food processor and pulse until mashed.
2) Take the mass into your hands and squeeze the juice out of it.
3) Place back in the food processor and add remaining ingredients. Process until mashed. If the mass is too wet, squeeze it again or add more carrot pulp.
4) Shape in four burgers and serve on bed of leafy greens topped with tomatoes, sprouts and parsley. Enjoy!
Raw Taco Salad
Walnut Taco Meat
1 cup (150g) walnuts
½ packed cup (50g) sun-dried tomatoes, soaked 2-8h and drained
½ tsp cumin
¼ tsp garlic powder
⅛-1/4 tsp salt (adjust to taste)
pinch chili (or more if you like it hot)
pinch cayenne pepper
Cashew Sour Cream
1 cup (140g) cashews, soaked 1-2h (soaking optional)
scant ¼ cup (55g) lemon juice
¼ tsp salt
⅓ cup (85g) water
⅔ cup (95g) ice
2 cups rocket (arugula)
¼ cup Walnut Taco Meat (see above)
1 med tomato
1 tsbp Cashew Sour Cream (see above)
1 tbsp spring onion, sliced
1) Cover the sun-dried tomatoes in water and leave to soak for 2 to 8 hours. Drain.
2) Process all of the walnut taco meat ingredients in a food processor until well combined, but still chunky.
3) Blend all of the cashew sour cream ingredients in a blender until smooth and creamy.
4) Assemble salad ingredients in a large bowl (one per person),
5) serve and eat.
This raw taco salad ranks high on the list of favorite healthy lunch recipes.
The Fully Raw Burrito
For the burritos:
Large Collards Leaves
1-3 Colorful Bell Peppers
Half of One Zucchini
1-2 Shredded Carrots
Juice of 3 Lemons
Tomatoes (Beefsteal or Cherry)
Small Bunch of Cilantro
Few Leaves of Arugula
Tsp of Cumin
Less than a Quarter Cup of Sesame Seeds
Quarter of an Avocado
Optional: Red Onion, Spicy Peppers, and Celery Bits
For the awesome sauce!
Half a Zuccini (more if desired)
Less than the quarter cup of Sesame Seeds
Juice of 3 Lemons
Few Sprigs of Green Onion
1 Bell Pepper (preferably red)
Optional: Spicy Pepper
1) Take your collard leaf and destem the backend (not fully), but just enough to take away the very thick part of the stem as shown in the YouTube video above.
2) Lay out your leaf.
3) Blend the ingredients for the saucy spread! Spread on the AWESOMESAUCE with the ingredients listed above.
4) Spread the Awesomesauce on the back of the leaf.
5) Chop, slice, and dice all other ingredients and layer them on top of the sauce on the leaf.
6) Top with a slice of avocado, sprouts, or more sauce!
7) Fold in the sides and wrap around the ends.
8) Flip over the burrito “baby” and cut it in half with a knife!
Allow all the beautiful colors inside to be shown to you.
Take a BIG BITE and savor this amazing addition to our list of healthy lunch recipes.
I hope you put these tasty healthy lunch recipes to good use. They do not take much time and are worth every bit of effort you put into making them. Reap the results of a healthy lifestyle all the while enjoying a yummy diet.